Home Game Parking Guidelines
Band students and concession stand workers
Parking is Free for band students (Guard, Instrumentalists & SSG) and for Concession stand workers on Friday night in the West Homewood Park upper parking lot only. Please enter the main entrance of the West Homewood Park and go all the way to the end (past the pool) to the parking lot at the upper soccer field. There is a stairway from that lot that enters the stadium by the visitors ticket booth. This gate will open at 5:00 pm. If you are working in the concession stands, your name will be on the gate list. You may choose to park in the Main Stadium parking lot and pay the $5.00 parking fee.
If you choose to park in the warehouse area on Friday nights, remember parking in the warehouse area is a privilege. This is private parking. There is absolutely no parking on the street. This is a no parking area and vehicles will be towed. Ryder Truckinghave Big 18 wheeler trucks going in and out all day and night. The trucks cannot fit around the curve by the back lot to the stadium if any cars are park along the curbs. Park in a parking space.
- Do not leave trash in that area.
- Do not park in front of loading docks
- If asked to move, please move with a nice attitude.
Band Uniform Guidelines
Care & Performance
Proper care, cleaning and storage of band uniforms is crucial to keep the Homewood Band looking great. Many of our uniforms are over thirty years old and the cost to replace them is very expensive. Through proper use and cleaning, our uniforms will be looking great for many years to come.
Here are some simple tips wearing and caring for your Patriot Band uniform.
- Each uniform component and hat box are coded when assigned to students. It is the responsibility of each student to keep your uniform in proper shape until you turn it in at the end of the school year.
- The full uniform must be worn to each performance unless otherwise informed. The full band uniform includes suspenders, real black socks (not ankle socks), white band shoes, band hat, your instrument.
- Uniforms are to be clean and wrinkle free. Uniforms must be hung separately, neatly and allowed to air between wearing. Professional dry cleaning only! Hunter's Cleaners (behind Piggly Wiggly) will charge $6.00 to clean the uniform. The uniform must be in on Monday, to ensure pickup on Thursday. If the uniform is wet - hang each piece separately to air-dry. Do not take a wet uniform to the cleaners.
- Make sure you wear shorts and a t-shirt under the uniform at all times. This insures modesty if the uniform must be removed to cool the student. No Jeans, bulky shorts or Tank tops. When the weather turns cool, you may wear thermals under the shorts and t-shirts. Thermals pants, tops, and sock liners may be purchased at any sporting goods store, Wal-Mart, or Kmart.
- You must wear clip on suspenders with band pants at all times. These can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart. Suspenders can be any color. Pants are not worn at the waist. They are worn above the waist and secured by clip on suspenders.
- White Band marching shoes must be worn with black crew socks only. Not ankle socks.
- Band hat to be worn flat on head. Band hat is to be kept in its hatbox between games and parades. This hatbox is property of Homewood High School. Replacement cost for this box if not returned at the end of school year is $10.00.
- Always wear deodorant. Your uniform and bandmates will thank you.
- All Students must remove nail polish, rings, bracelets, watches and earrings. This helps us maintain uniformity and minimizes that chance of snagging injuries and uniform damage.
- Cell phones, keys, etc should be carried in your shorts pocket, not in uniform pockets.
- Report lost or damaged uniforms to band staff immediately.
- Volunteers will be on hand at football games to handle simple repairs.
Students will be charged for any uniform items they lose or damage beyond normal wear.
Hat - $105
Hat Box - $10
Pants - $125
Jacket - $450
Ascot - $100
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions asked by our parents, students, and prospective band members. If you still have questions, please contact any of the band staff who will be happy to help.
- How does my child join the band?
- May students with disabilities participate in the band?
- What if my child can’t attend a practice or performance?
- My child is on prescription medication, what do I need to do?
- What about over-the-counter medication?
- What are the rules regarding football games?
The success of our program depends on each student being prepared and fulfilling their commitment to the band by being present at every scheduled practice and performance. Unless there is a serious reason, students are expected to attend every scheduled practices and performance. We understand that illness, unforeseen events and emergencies will occur but we request that doctor’s appointments or other activities not be scheduled during practice or performances. Football games are not optional.
A School Medication Authorization form must be completed for each prescription to be dispensed on a band trip. The form is available on our downloads. Please provide the following information:
- Make sure to list any food or drug allergies
- Weight (very important for medication calculations)
- Physician signature.
- Parents should sign bottom 2 lines.
A School Medication Authorization form must be completed for each over the counter medicines, such as Tylenol or Advil. A physician signature is not required for over the counter medications that do not require a prescription to purchase.
- Football games are not optional. Every band member is expected to be at each game. There is simply no way to present our complete halftime show unless every student is present.
- Students should eat before or after the game. Band students are not allowed to go to the concession stands and parents may not bring food, drinks or candy to students during the games.
- Band students may not drink hot chocolate while they are in band uniform. Hot Chocolate will not come out of front of the band uniforms.
- We will provide water in the stands as well as a drink and snack after halftime.